The Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR) offers two Research Awards annually.
These awards support:
- a postgraduate student member of the ASMR nearing completion of their studies, or
- a recently graduated (3 years maximum) postdoctoral member to undertake a short period of research in a laboratory outside of Australia or in a distal laboratory within Australia.
The award specifically excludes support for conference attendance and travel for an extended period of postdoctoral studies.
Funding & Duration
The amount of the award is $5,000 international or $2,000 domestic.
The Award must be taken up during the first 6 months of the following year.
Applicant must be a postgraduate student member of the ASMR nearing completion of their studies, or a recently graduated (3 years maximum) postdoctoral member.
Applicants for these awards must have been members of the ASMR for at least 12 months immediately preceding the year in which the Award application is to be considered.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 September 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org