The Paddy Pallin Foundation, together with the Foundation for National Parks and Wildlife offer annual Science Grants to support field-based, high-quality ecological research. The objective of the grants is to provide financial support for conservation-based research of Australian ecosystems that will ultimately lead to tangible outcomes for management.
The scope of the research is open to terrestrial, marine and freshwater research on animals and/or plants.
Grants of up to $7,000 are available.
- Applicants must be either enrolled or have an academic position (including adjunct/visiting positions) at an Australian University or research position at a relevant institution e.g. CSIRO or a museum.
- Applicants should also be financial members of the RZS NSW.
- The research must address conservation problems in Australian systems and have clearly defined management implications.
- Preference will be given to research which deals with ecological community processes.
- For the HSI marine science grant, preference will be given to work proposed on listed marine, migratory or threatened EPBC-listed species.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org