Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is the only foundation exclusively dedicated to pancreatic cancer in Australia. It aims to support innovative, translational, quality research and programs within the pancreatic cancer field.
The objective of the Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation Accelerator Grants is to fund high quality projects that can clearly demonstrate support for the Foundation’s vision: ‘To break through 40 years of no progress by doubling the number of people who survive pancreatic cancer by 2020’.
Funding & Duration
Grants of up to $500,000 per annum (GST exclusive) are being made available for two to three years duration (a maximum of $1.6M over the next 3 years) to support specific projects and/or infrastructure for research into pancreatic cancer.
Multiple grant applications from a single institution will be considered. However:
- Research groups within the institution can only submit one grant application
- An investigator can only be first named PI on a single grant
Awardees of 2015 Innovation grants are ineligible to apply for innovation grant funding in 2016.
International collaborations by Australian research organisations are permitted and strongly supported by the foundation. This is conditional on:
- The Applicant (organisation) being an Australian organisation
- The PI residing in Australia
- No more than 25% of the funded research is conducted overseas – this includes subcontracted services
- IP will rest with the Australian research organisation and be in accordance with the Avner Foundation standard grant terms and conditions
Please refer to the Application Guidelines (PDF) for further details.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 July 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com