The microgrant program is offered by the Rare Disease Foundation, the British Columbia Children’s Hospital Foundation, donors and supporters.
Microgrant competitions are held four times yearly in early May, August, November and February, and are perfect for a proof of concept project, small discrete projects for graduating researchers, or small research undertakings.
- involve a rare disease or rare subtype of disease (lifetime prevalence < 1 in 2000)
- directly impact patient care for one or more patients
- scientifically valid and feasible
- ethics approval (microgrant activation requires an ethics approval certificate, where applicable)
Funding & Duration
Awards of up to CAD $3,500 (approx AUD $3,600) will be available, one investigator may apply for multiple awards, and awards will be in effect for a maximum of 1 year from project start date.
Applications may be submitted by anyone (faculty, staff, or student) as long as they have a supervisor or collaborator who can receive the funds and is associated with a Registered Institution (the University of Adelaide is registered) or with any Canadian institution.
- For Round 2, applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 July 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com (also Arts & Professions)