The JLABS QuickFire Challenges are competitions designed to attract game-changing, early-stage innovation in the Therapeutics, Consumer, Health Technologies and Med Device sectors.
Winners will be awarded a variety of prizes (including cash and/or lab space), benefit from world-class lab facilities, be supported by an onsite team and have access to a global network of industry experts and programming.
A World Without Disease
Johnson & Johnson Innovation and Janssen Research & Development are bringing together the consumer, medical device and pharmaceutical sectors to award a prize or a series of prizes to the person or team(s) who submits the best idea, technology, or solution that will address a critical health need for the world’s population.
- See Sponsor’s Areas of Interest (emphasis on lung cancer and metabolism)
Solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Address a particular cohort with a critical unmet medical need in Johnson & Johnson’s strategic areas of interest, such as lung cancer and metabolic diseases;
- Integrate a novel approach that combines pharmaceutical, devices and/or consumer health solutions;
- Address part or all of the spectrum of prevention, interception and cure;
- Outline how the award would help them reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year and provide a full “time-to-market” plan for their solution.
Value of the Award
One or more grants totaling up to USD $500,000 (approx AUD $669,000) will be awarded to the person(s) or team(s) submitting the best solution that addresses a critical global health need.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: email@example.com (also Arts & Professions)