Two awards are made available every year by Sugar Research Australia (SRA) to support innovative early-career researchers (ECR) and mid-career researchers (MCR) who may require initial results or a proof of concept prior to developing a larger project, and who want to expand their skills, and/or build highly valuable collaborations in pursuit of an innovative initiative.
Funding & Duration
SRA will usually grant two ECR/MCR awards per year at a typical level of $10,000 to $15,000 per award.
The award can be used for the following purposes:
- Seed funding for a proof of concept activity;
- Acquisition of new skills;
- Development of local and international collaborations; or
- Study opportunities through laboratory visits and work in overseas/national laboratories.
The award cannot be used for expenditure on capital items, salaries, conference attendance, workshops or organisational overheads.
Applicants must have no more than 15 years’ work experience after completing their studies, be currently employed, and demonstrate a commitment to the future of the Australian sugar industry.
Submission Requirements & Internal Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 August 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org