Bridging Grants will provide follow-on funding to support a range of activities including proof of concept, market testing and early prototyping projects.
These grants are a competitive matching funds program.
The Bridging Grants provide between $25,000 to $50,000 per grant to engage in early stage proof of concept and knowledge transfer, product development and market testing, innovation and commercialisation activities. It is a requirement that the partners will collectively contribute cash and/or in-kind totalling 50 per cent of the value of the grant applied for.
Bridging Grants cannot be used for basic research funding, for the acquisition of major capital equipment, or for conference travel.
Only one application per partnership proposal can be submitted.
Bridging Grant applications need to reflect the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centre priorities, consistent with Australian National Science and Research Priorities. These are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
Visit the Bridging Grants website for further details regarding eligibility.
Internal Submission Requirements:
- A copy of your Expression of Interest must be submitted for internal review by 9 September 2016
- The University’s Grant Application Cover Sheet must accompany your EOI
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (also Arts & Professions)
External Submission Requirements:
Applying for a Bridging Grant is a two stage process. (1) Prepare and submit online an Expression of Interest (EOI). Your proposal outline is then assessed for eligibility, and if approved (2) you can prepare and submit a formal application.