Applications for Lloyd Trust melanoma grants will be accepted for a broad range of melanoma research projects including those involving basic science, as well as clinical trials.
Special consideration will be given in three areas:
- emerging novel concepts that constitute significant innovation;
- new investigators in the field of melanoma; and
- prevention and early detection.
Individual grants do not exceed US $125,000 (approx AUD $164,000) per year.
Grants are awarded in one of three areas:
- Career Development: May include salary support for promising young melanoma investigators
- Basic Science: To gain new biological insights into melanoma development or progression
- Translational Research: To fund clinically important melanoma research
Applications from non-profit organisations under the U. S. Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c) (3) are eligible for consideration. If a grant recipient is a foreign entity not under the U. S. Internal Revenue Code, an Affidavit related to non-profit status must be completed prior to payment of grant funds. The Affidavit is available on request.
Please note: only one application per institution in each of the three grant categories will be funded.
As such, please email an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Research Branch by 5 October 2016
Your email should contain:
- Name of Chief Investigator
- Summary of intended research project
- A copy of Chief Investigator’s CV
- Benefits the project will bring to the Chief Investigator/researchers involved.
- Benefits the project will bring to the University.
EOI’s may be emailed to email@example.com
Full-applications will be invited from a short list.