This program awards research grants to develop robust and precise biomarker measures (imaging, physiological, genomic or biochemical assays, data science proposals, etc.) and/or clinical outcome measures that can inform therapeutic trial designs and interpretation of trial results. Biomarker and outcome measures should inform clinical trial decisions and be applicable to clinical trials now or in the near future.
Funding & Duration
The Foundation intends to support multiple projects through this announcement, and may fund up to US $4M (approx. AUD $5.2M) for this program.
Grants are awarded at between 1 and 3 years in duration.
There is no set budget limit for proposals, however requested support should be commensurate with the stage of development and work proposed.
Applications may be submitted by:
- U.S. and non-U.S. biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies or other for-profit entities, either publicly or privately held;
- and U.S. and non-U.S. entities, public and private non-profit entities, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments, and eligible agencies of the federal government.
Post-doctoral fellows are NOT eligible to apply as Primary Investigators.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 19 October 2016 – Pre-proposals via the Foundations grant application portal.
- Copy of Pre-proposals forwarded to the Research Branch ASAP.
- 18 January 2017 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted to the Research Branch for internal review.
- Email: email@example.com