This competitive grant program has been established by the South Australian Government to assist South Australian technology companies, university research commercialisation organisations and entrepreneurs to commercialise their intellectual property (IP).
The program provides project-specific grant support aimed at assisting early-stage South Australian projects and start-up companies to achieve key milestones and develop their businesses.
The SAECF grant will also assist businesses based interstate or overseas intending to commercialise and develop their project in South Australia.
Applicants may apply for grants of up to a maximum of $500,000 + GST per project from the SAECF, which may be provided in tranches, be subject to achievement of project milestones and must be expended within a specified time frame. Match funding may be required in most cases.
Phases of funding:
- Phase 1: Proof-of-concept (Up to $50,000 on a 3:1 basis) ($3 of SAECF funding for every $1 contributed)
- Phase 2: Product Development (Up to $150,000 on a 2:1 basis) ($2 of SAECF funding for every $1 contributed)
- Phase 3: Early Commercialisation (Up to $300,000 on a 1:1 basis) ($1 of SAECF funding for every $1 contributed)
Please refer to the Fund’s Eligibility Criteria [PDF – pg 4]
Applications are accepted all year-round.
- Expressions of Interest [PDF] are encouraged.
- Applications to be administered by Adelaide Enterprise.
Please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org