This program is designed to support basic and clinical research in the field of liver disease.
Areas of research may include, but are not limited to:
- Chronic viral hepatitis
- End-stage liver disease and its complications
- Non-viral chronic liver diseases
- Basic, clinical, and translational research related to liver disease
Funding & Duration
The program provides financial support to the institutions of 3 junior faculty researchers for a 2-year period. Each award is funded up to US $130,000 (approx AUD $178,000), to be paid in annual installments of up to USD $65,000 (approx AUD $89,000) per year for 2 years.
Awards will be paid in the local currency of the award recipient.
Hold an MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree at time of award, have a strong career interest in liver disease, and a research mentor with extensive experience in the field of liver disease.
Applicants must reside in one of the eligible countries/regions:
- Middle East
- New Zealand
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 9 January 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review