WADA promotes and funds, on a yearly basis, scientific projects in the anti-doping field covering the development or optimisation of analytical tools for the detection and/or quantification of doping substances or methods, consolidation of the Athlete Biological Passport (ABP), as well as the pharmacology of prohibited substances and drug cocktails.
High priority will be given to projects addressing:
- Detection of peptide hormones and growth factors
- Improved window or limits of detection for prohibited substances/methods (e.g. detection of new long-term metabolites, improved methodologies of detection, etc)
- Autologous blood transfusions
- The Athlete’s Biological Passport (e.g. new biomarkers and target analytes of the ABP, improvement of current models, etc)
- Detection/Identification of novel doping trends
Funding amount not provided by Sponsor.
Researchers worldwide are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 February 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review