The DACS Fund is an Australian Government initiative to strengthen the capacity of the aged care sector to deliver quality care and services. DACS is designed to better support activities that respond to existing and emerging challenges including:
- dementia care
- services targeting LGBTI and CALD people, and
- special measures for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
You can find out more about DACS in the programme guidelines.
The 2016 DACS Research and Innovation funding round is an open, competitive funding round under the DACS Fund to provide funding up until 30 June 2019 to support innovative projects in six priority areas:
- support for existing and emerging challenges in dementia
- better support for services targeting people from diverse backgrounds
- developments that support innovation in aged care
- support for activities focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- capital support for activities focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and
- seed funding for adaptive technology projects to enable consumers to stay in their own home.
Funding & Duration
An amount of approximately $311 million (GST exclusive) over four years to 30 June 2019 has been allocated for this activity.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 13 December 2016
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review