The Australian Flora Foundation sponsor grants in support of original scientific projects on the biology and cultivation of Australian plants. Applications are invited from research workers in Australia. The Australian Flora Foundation will consider all relevant applications, with special interest in the following categories:
- conservation of Australian plant diversity, particularly where there are threats from climate change
- the cultivation of Australian plants, to ensure their survival and reduce the threat to native ecosystems
- rare and endangered plants
Grants are available for projects which commence from December 2017. The Foundation expects to support between two and four projects at $5,000-$15,000/year each in 2018, with possible extension into 2019.
Projects must be scientifically sound and aim to provide outcomes within the period of the grant. Applicants must be suitably qualified or identify a qualified project supervisor.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Preliminary applications must be submitted for internal review by 8 March 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review