This award provides funding for post-graduate field-work and travel to scientific conferences in support of ornithological research.
Applications in the following areas are encouraged:
- Field work on the behaviour and ecology of native Australian birds
- Conservation biology of threatened native birds and management of their habitats
- Travel to conferences both within Australia and abroad by postgraduate students to deliver a presentation or contribute a paper or poster related to Australian birds
Typically, grants of between $500 and $5,000 are awarded for research projects and up to $1,000 for conferences.
Applications are open to Honours, Masters and PhD students alike. Students are only eligible for funding toward current research being undertaken at an Australian tertiary institution or for travel to a conference to present current original research.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 March 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review