The Natural Disaster Resilience Program supports projects that improve the ability of organisations and individuals to prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters and emergency events.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- are consistent with the National Strategy for Disaster Resilience;
- identify and/or address emergency risk;
- support networks partnerships within communities and across sectors;
- commence on or before 1 July 2017;
- will be completed within two years; and deliver sustainable benefits beyond the grant funded period.
Funding & Duration
Up to $250,000 per annum can be sought as a contribution toward the total cost of each project.
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- An Australian Business Number (ABN) for the sponsor organisation;
- Alignment with the priority outcomes of the National Strategy for Disaster Resilience (NSDR);
- Alignment with the State Emergency Management Arrangements (if applicable);
- Alignment with the National Action Plan for Emergency Management Volunteers 2012 (if applicable)
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 6 January 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer