The Foundation provides support for medical research projects that advance innovations in medical research related to the nature, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and incidence of disease, and other health problems that have a significant impact on the health of humans.
Researchers must apply for funding from within one of the following Portfolios:
- Portfolio 1 – Original innovation and discovery not competitive for major grants such as the NHMRC or ARC.
- Portfolio 2 – Supports strategic collaborative research activities, advancing research and validating directions.
- Portfolio 3 – Support to bridge the ‘valley of death’: to attract and compete for potential investors and collaborators.
No specific funding limit has been set.
Grants are provided to Australian research institutions rather than individuals. Only one application will be considered from each principal researcher.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Expressions of Interest must be submitted for internal review by 30 March 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review