PKD Australia is partnering with its American counterpart, the PKD Foundation US, to co-fund a Fellowship Grant. The two-year grant aims to increase the pipeline of researchers focused on polycystic kidney disease (PKD), with the goal of furthering an understanding of the physiological, biochemical and genetic mechanisms of this disease.
Early-career PKD researchers around the world, and specifically from Australia, are encouraged to apply.
Funding & Duration
Funding will be made available for two Fellowships, awarded to the amount of US $50,000 (AUD $67,000) per year, for two years.
Fellows may submit a proposal that examines any aspect of polycystic kidney disease biology.
- Hold an M.D. or Ph.D or the equivalent degree
- May not have completed more than three years of research training after completion of the M.D. (or equivalent) or two years of postdoctoral research training after the Ph.D. at the time the award begins
- Complete research under the direction and mentorship of a sponsor
- Not hold another full fellowship award although institutional supplemental support is acceptable
- Commit a minimum of 75% of time to research during the fellowship period
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 February 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer