The Fyssen Foundation will award grants to:
- French or foreign researchers with a foreign PhD who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory in France; or
- French or foreign researchers with a French PhD who wish to achieve their project in a Laboratory abroad (excluding origin country and co-tutorship)
Research disciplines may include Ethnology, Palaeontology, Archaeology, Anthropology, Psychology, Epistemology, and the Logic and Sciences of the nervous system.
Funding & Duration
Grants of a maximum of €25,000 (approx AUD $35,000) per year are awarded.
Grants are allocated from 12 months, not renewable, or 24 months subject to the approval of the Scientific committee after examination of a report at the end of first year.
Applicants must be:
- starting their first post-doctoral fellowship with this financial support
- 35 year old maximum on the closing day of the call.
- the recipient of a PhD for less than two years on September 1st of the year of application, or achieve its viva thesis on December 31st of the year of application at the latest.
Regarding the host laboratories located in France: the recipient must be hosted with a fixed-term contract, ensuring that a convention of co-financing can be signed between the Foundation and the laboratory to cover, in equal shares, the cost of the gross salary.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 30 March 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review