The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority’s Science for Management Awards grant program provides funding to students working towards a doctorate or master’s degree in the physical, biological and social science disciplines.
The awards support new management-relevant research that addresses key risks and threats faced by the Great Barrier Reef. The awards provide an important avenue for postgraduate students to contribute directly to improved future management of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
The Science for Management Awards 2017 program aims to support research which:
- is relevant to the planning and management of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and World Heritage Area;
- makes a contribution to the Reef’s ecologically sustainable development; and
- is particularly relevant to addressing the knowledge gaps identified in the agency’s Science Strategy and Information Needs 2014-2016 (supported by the online Register of Research Questions).
The awards are in the form of financial assistance, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 for successful projects.
The awards are open to doctorate and masters students in the physical, biological and social science fields throughout Australia.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 3 March 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review