The AIB Labs RIF is a program designed to facilitate the establishment of research service facilities/organisations to serve the needs of the bioscience research community.
Please note: This round of RIF grants is ONLY for supporting existing and proposed AIB Labs facilities with their applications to the Australian Research Council – Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (ARC-LIEF) Grant scheme in 2017.
Facilities that receive RIF grants must be committed to working towards the following objectives:
- Providing general access to major bioscience equipment or specific technologies in high demand by SA researchers;
- Promoting and coordinating services essential to the SA bioscience community;
- Implementing relevant quality standards and accreditation;
- Working towards commercial principles for service delivery;
- Developing a financially viable service facility.
The RIF program will consider proposals from within the broad area of biosciences, but preference may be given to those proposals with a strong biotechnology focus. Acceptable areas of bioscience include, but will not be confined to:
- Human and Animal Therapeutics
- Plant Sciences
- Recombinant DNA technology (gene technology)
- Cell and Tissue culture
- Applied Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Antibody and Protein engineering
- Bioprocess engineering
- Early development of pharmaceutical and veterinary drug manufacture
- Medical and Veterinary Devices
- Biological materials, biomembranes and surfaces
- Environmental biotechnology developments
The maximum funding that will be provided to any one application is $25,000. Successful applicants may be awarded an amount which is less than the amount requested in the application.
Individual RIF grants awarded from the available funding pool must be matched by an equal contribution from either one or more of the University of Adelaide and/or the University of South Australia and/or Flinders University and/or another third party.
The applicant must be an existing AIB Labs facility, or a South Australian research or service organisation engaged in the bioscience field that is willing to become an AIB Labs facility.
The funding must be used to leverage an Australian Research Council – Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (ARC-LIEF) Grant application.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 17 February 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review