The Council for Australia-Latin America Relations (COALAR) provides funding through a competitive grants program for projects across Latin America and Australia.
Projects need to be relevant to one or more of the following objectives:
- to enhance and strengthen links between Australia and Latin America, particularly in the priority areas of business, education, science, sustainability, tourism, cultural promotion and sport;
- to influence corporate Australia to initiate closer engagement with Latin America; and
- to increase awareness and understanding of Australia in Latin America, and of Latin America in Australia
Funding & Duration
While it is envisaged that the majority of grants would be for proposals of between $20,000 and $40,000, the COALAR Board will also consider those proposals of lesser or greater value that will generate a high profile and high value impact in the countries involved.
Generally, COALAR does not fund projects over more than two successive years.
Individuals, organisations or a collaboration of both from Australia or Latin American countries may apply for grant funding.
In the 2017—18 Grant round the Council will consider favourably projects that strengthen relations with priority countries Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, as well as through the Pacific Alliance.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 March 2018
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review