The purpose of the Priming Grants is to enhance collaboration specifically between Australian small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and researchers with SMEs and researchers in 17 priority economies.
The broad topic areas of activity for Priming Grants are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
The grants will support Australian SMEs and researchers to:
- enable initial exploratory partner meetings to take place
- undertake consortium meetings (travel-related costs), assistance with minor project expenses; and /or costs associated with establishing formal relationships (legal agreements) or funding applications for joint activities.
- support potential SME-researcher partnerships in exploring the viability of an intended research and development (R&D) collaboration or technology solution
- explore avenues for follow-on project seed‑funding
Priming Grants offer total funding of $7,000 AUD per applicant to eligible SME-researcher partnerships for activities preparing cooperative, international R&D projects or facilitating technology solutions.
Priming Grants are only open to Australian-based Researchers and Australian-based SMEs who must be the primary applicants.
No applications will be received from international partners.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 23 February 2017 – Expressions of Interest submitted to the Sponsor
- 3 March 2017 – Full applications submitted for internal review.
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review