The State library of Victoria’s Creative Fellowship program provides artists and scholars with a unique and supportive environment in which to immerse themselves in its collections.
The Library invites recipients to be inspired by, repurpose, transform or imaginatively respond to published or original sources, such as manuscripts, maps, music, newspapers, oral histories and rare printed material, in any way they choose.
Funding & Duration
Fellows receive a grant of $12,500 for three months’ research, space in a shared office that is accessible outside normal Library hours, and special access to collections and staff expertise.
Honorary fellowships may also be awarded. These fellows receive the same benefits as funded fellows, without the monetary grant.
- Applications are open to Australian residents in any discipline or form of expression
- New and digital media artists, visual artists, musicians and composers, writers in all disciplines and subjects, independent scholars and creators working either in collaboration or independently are eligible to apply
- Projects that have already commenced, are supported by other funding bodies, or are covered by a publishing contract are eligible
- Academics with access to paid study leave as part of their employment conditions and projects that are supported by university-derived funding are not eligible for a funded fellowship, but may be eligible to apply for an honorary fellowship
- Projects that are part of examination requirements towards a degree or similar qualification are not eligible
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 13 April 2017
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review