Australia Awards Fellowships offer Australian organisations, from all sectors, the opportunity to deepen and broaden their links with leaders and professionals in developing countries.
By providing opportunities for Fellows to undertake short term study and professional development in Australia, they aim to:
- strengthen partnerships and links between Australian organisations and partner organisations in developing countries, in support of Australia’s economic diplomacy and public diplomacy objectives; and
- increase the capacity of developing countries to advance priority foreign affairs and development issues of shared interest at the country, sub-regional and regional levels.
Funding & Duration
Grant funding of up to $30,000 per Fellow is offered on a competitive basis to Australian organisations to support a range of professional development activities. Fellowship activities may include a combination of short-term study and/or training, professional development, networking and work experience, and are delivered in Australia by the Australian Host Organisation for Fellows from eligible countries.
Australian organisations who are legal entities with an Australian Business Number (ABN) with links to overseas counterpart organisations in eligible countries are eligible to apply for an Australia Awards Fellowship.
Overseas organisations and individuals are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship. They may, however, initiate contact with an Australian organisation to explore the organisation’s interest in applying for a Fellowship grant.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Round 17 opens 1 March 2017
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 March 2017
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review