The Council for Australian-Arab Relations seeks to strengthen Australian-Arab relations by advancing areas of shared political, economic and social interest and building a greater awareness and appreciation of each other’s cultures and values. The objectives of the Council for Australian-Arab Relations (CAAR) are to:
- empower the peoples of Australia and the Arab world to develop a holistic and contemporary mutual understanding;
- support positive and collaborative relationships between Australia’s Arab diaspora communities and the broader Australian community; and
- support activities that encourage increased trade and investment between the two regions.
Priority Sectors for 2017 are in Sports and Fashion.
- See CAAR Grant Guidelines 2017 [PDF] for further details.
Funding & Duration
Between $250,000 and $400,000 in 2017-18 is available for this grant opportunity, subject to appropriation, starting in July 2017.
Grant applications for a minimum of $10,000 will be considered. It is anticipated that most grants will be between $20,000 and $40,000 per year, depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
Co-contributions from you and other parties strengthen your application.
Applicants must be:
- an Australian or permanent resident of Australia, or
- be a non-Australian citizen/resident individual or organisation working in partnership with an Australian individual or organisation, where this will promote Australian-Arab relations, noting proof of citizenship or residence may be required
See CAAR Grant Guidelines 2017 [PDF] for further details regarding eligibility.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 27 March 2017
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review