The Australian Academy of Science invites expressions of interest from junior scientists who are no more than 30 years of age at time of application, to visit the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States of America.
See the National Institutes of Health for a list of institutes.
Funding & Duration
The successful applicant will receive a contribution towards the direct return air travel between Australia and the host institution up to a maximum of AUD $2,600.
A once-off living allowance of up to a maximum of AUD $400 will be provided by the Adam J. Berry Memorial Fund (AJBMF). The National Institutes of Health (NIH) will provide a small daily stipend during the participant’s stay in America.
The duration of the visit is expected to be between 6 and 13 weeks.
Only citizens and permanent residents of Australia living in Australia at time of application are eligible to apply. Proposals in any health-related field of natural science will be considered.
At the time of application, applicants should:
- have an intent to enrol in PhD study in an Australian institution
- be in the first two years of a PhD degree or equivalent
- be in the final year of a masters or a bachelors with honours degree or
- have completed a masters or a bachelors with honours degree
Under this scheme, applicants are expected to be undertaking PhD study in an Australian institution at the time of travel.
Applicants can request travel support to access the international leading-edge research facilities and staff of the NIH.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 2 June 2017
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review