The South Australian History Fund (SAHF) is an annual grant program offered by the History Trust of South Australia and intended to support the production and sharing of South Australia’s history.
History grants support:
- Specific community-focussed projects that enable communities to explore, interpret or preserve aspects of their history and make South Australian history accessible to the public;
- Publication of both academic histories and more popular forms of historical writing. Funding can be for publishing or editing costs. A detailed outline and writing sample or a partial manuscript must be submitted for assessment. Individual applicants are expected to be members of relevant historical or professional organisations;
- Rigorous research by established and emerging historians that makes a significant contribution to the body of knowledge about, or understanding of, South Australian history. It is expected that research will lead to a publication or other significant public outcome. Individual applicants are expected to be members of relevant historical and professional organisations.
The maximum amount is $5,000 for History Grants.
Applications for History grants and Training & Development grants are invited from incorporated community organisations and local government. Unincorporated organisations may be eligible if an incorporated organisation is willing to auspice their application.
Individual and professional historians, tertiary institutions or other organisations may apply for funding for publications and research.
Applicants from outside the State, who are working on South Australian history, will be considered.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 18 July 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 95482
- See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com