The Volkswagen Foundation is dedicated to the support of the humanities and social sciences as well as science and technology in higher education and research.
The Off the Beaten Track – Extraordinary Projects scheme may provide support for applicants who:
- have an outstanding idea for a research project,
- are pursuing an innovative and unusual line of research,
- have already secured appreciable progress for their field,
- think across disciplines and the mainstream, but find nothing among the foundation’s funding initiatives under which their project could be classified.
The Foundation will fund institutions only. No individual scholarships will be awarded.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications may be submitted at anytime.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9999 (Other)
- See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review