The Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) and The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) seek to accelerate and support innovative drug discovery for frontotemporal degeneration (FTD) and related dementias.
Priority areas for this program include:
- Development and testing of novel high throughput screening assays;
- Identification and in vitro testing of potentially disease modifying compounds or biologics, including medicinal chemistry refinement, ADME, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics studies; and
- Testing of novel lead compounds, biologics, or repurposed drug candidates in a relevant animal model for preclinical proof of concept.
Funding & Duration
Grants are provided for 1 year, up to US $150,000 (approx AUD $197,400).
Applications may be submitted by non-profit academic institutions and for-profit biotechnology companies, both public and private, worldwide.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 31 July 2017 – Letter of Intent (LOI) submitted directly to sponsor (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1 September 2017 – invited full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9999 (Other)
- See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review