JDRF offers travel grants to early-stage researchers, and to allied health and nursing professionals, to support the development of expertise in the field of type 1 diabetes research in Australia.
Two grants are offered under this scheme:
- Early Stage Scientist Travel Grants for medical and science graduates who are undertaking type 1 diabetes research, and researchers in the early stage of their career (PhD students or not more than 5 years post-doctoral as of the current Travel Grant round deadline).
- Allied Health and Nursing Travel Grants for allied health or nurse professionals or students, enrolled in a post graduate research program, whose research will impact on the lives of people with type 1 diabetes and their carers and families.
JDRF invites applications for grants of up to $2,000 for domestic travel or $4,000 for international travel to research institutions or scientific meetings, for the purpose of furthering the applicant’s expertise in the field of type 1 diabetes.
Applicants must be:
- Currently working at an Australian institution;
- Australian citizens or permanent/temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
Applicants should also be engaged with Australian Diabetes research for more than 12 months.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 13 September 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9999 (Other)
- Submit an Application to the Research Branch for Review