The Capstone Editing Grant for Mid-Career Researchers provides seed funding for a researcher to undertake an innovative research project.
The expectation is that the research project will gather preliminary data and lead to the development of a research council funding application.
Funding & Duration
Grants are awarded at up to $10,000 of seed funding for one researcher per year.
The grant can be used to cover any costs related to the research project, such as software or small lab equipment; domestic or overseas travel to learn new techniques or collaborate with colleagues; academic editing of the grant proposal; and data analysis.
- You must be employed in a research position at a research institute, university or government science agency in Australia.
- You may be employed on a continuing or fixed-term basis. Casual staff are not eligible.
- You may be employed part time or full time.
- You must be a mid-career researcher. This is defined as someone who 1) holds a PhD and 2) graduated from their PhD within the past five to ten years (excluding career interruptions in relation to caring responsibilities).
- Previous recipients of this grant may not apply again.
- Previous unsuccessful applicants may reapply every year if they wish.
- You cannot apply if you are an employee or contractor of Capstone Editing (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 20 December 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster and when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9999 (Other)
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- Email enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org