Ian Potter Cultural Trust grants have been established to assist early career artists of exceptional talent to undertake professional development, usually overseas.
Well-researched overseas travel projects that demonstrate thorough planning, careful budgeting and offer the time and scope to gain maximum benefit from international experience will be considered.
The Trust primarily provides support for structured professional development and networking opportunities overseas such as:
- Residencies or study tours which have a clear skills development focus
- Mentoring or private lessons
- Internships, workshops and conferences
- Postgraduate study with a focus on professional development and artistic practice
The Trust may also consider supporting:
- The purchase of non-standard musical instruments or equipment
- Costs of film-making for final year or post-grad film students
- Professional development opportunities within Australia where no equivalent opportunities exist overseas
Funding & Duration
The Trust supports individuals to the maximum sum of $7,000.
Applicants must make a reasonable personal contribution to the project.
Grant applicants must meet several criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Grants are only available to Australian citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia;
- All applicants must demonstrate exceptional talent, initiative and passion for their work;
- Applicants must make a reasonable personal financial contribution to the project.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 5 September 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 900062
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org