Through the University of Adelaide Interdisciplinary Research Funding Scheme, funding will be made available in order to foster:
- Early stage interdisciplinary research projects, particularly where a project spans structural as well as discipline boundaries in the University such as schools and faculties;
- Initiatives that promote a collaborative interdisciplinary research environment that encourages the development of new groupings; and
- Initiatives that enable interdisciplinary groupings to compete successfully for major external funding and resources, including through partnering with external stakeholders.
Funding & Duration
Applications for the 2017 round are for one year grants that can commence from October 2017, with expenditure over 2017 and 2018, or solely in 2018. Projects requiring funding of between $50,000 and $100,000 may be considered.
Funding Priorities for 2017
In 2017, applications are encouraged that address research challenges that are relevant to the following areas:
- Big Data – building strategic analytical capability to manage, store and analyse large, complex datasets
- Indigenous Culture – language, music, stolen generation, genetic heritage, history
- Sustainability – demography, migration, smart cities
- Energy Security – alternative sources, storage and mitigation, network stability, energy policy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and bioactives from production to application – genetic and environmental determinants of bioactivity, novel applications including anti-microbials, reproduction, dementia, plant breeding, drug /treatment development and delivery
- Defence and Cyber Security – engagement with French companies and other partners
- Humanitarian Solutions – best practice standards for public engagement, citizen science, humanitarian research
Note: the Scheme supports the highest-quality interdisciplinary research across all disciplines, including research that is not related to the areas listed above.
Applications close 28 August 2017
Visit the Interdisciplinary Fund Scheme website for guidelines, eligibility criteria, and application instructions.
If you have any questions regarding the Interdisciplinary Research Funding scheme, please contact:
T (+618) 8313 3534