The NHMRC is working with the Federal Department of Health to implement the first of the new programs announced under the initial disbursement from the MRFF.
Two Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) grant opportunities opened on 24 August 2017.
If you are interested in either of these schemes, please contact the RAOHealth team urgently:
Antimicrobial Resistance Targeted Call for Research (AMR-TCR)
This competitive grant opportunity aims to stimulate research on novel and innovative methodologies, such as genomics, to determine antimicrobial resistance profiles and transmission within, to and from residential aged care facilities. This knowledge will assist in the promotion and development of optimal and appropriate antimicrobial use in residential aged care facilities.
Grant Guidelines and information on how to apply is available via Grant Connect (GO ID: GO417)
Lifting Clinical Trials and Registries Capacity (LCTRC) Grant Opportunity
This competitive grant opportunity will stimulate clinical trial and registry activity with priority to be given to under-researched health priorities, such as rare cancers and rare diseases. Novel and innovative trial designs and recruitment strategies and the application of precision medicine will also be encouraged under this grant opportunity.
Grant Guidelines and information on how to apply is available via Grant Connect (GO ID: GO440)
The key dates for the LCTRC grant opportunity and the AMR-TCR are:
- Thursday 24 August 2017 – Applications open in NHMRC’s Research Grants Management System (RGMS)
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 Minimum Data due in RGMS by 5pm AEST
- Wednesday 4 October 2017 EXTERNAL DEADLINE – Applications Close 5pm AEDT
All applicants are required to commence their application and provide the specified minimum data in RGMS by Wednesday 20 September 2017 to allow the NHMRC to start sourcing reviewers with appropriate expertise.
Applications initiated after this date will not be accepted.
A complete application to the AMR TCR or LCTRC grant opportunity must consist of the following:
- The relevant information in your RGMS profile and CV
- Completion of Parts A and B of the application form
- Grant Proposal PDF (uploaded); and
- Declaration of Interests PDF (uploaded).
NHMRC’s RGMS must be used to access/update your profile and CV and to submit applications. Applicants who are not registered in RGMS should contact the Research Help Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 27 September 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use the following:
- Antimicrobial Resistance Targeted Call for Research (AMR-TCR) – Fund Scheme code FND000339
- Lifting Clinical Trials and Registries Capacity (LCTRC) – Fund Scheme code FND000340
- See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review