The specific goals of this initiative are to facilitate the discovery and development of mitochondrial biomarkers to:
- assess PD diagnosis, disease progression, and/or patient stratification;
- identify mitochondrial readouts that would inform therapeutic efficacy and target engagement; or
- uncover novel mitochondrial targets relevant to Parkinson’s Disease.
Funding & Duration
This funding mechanism has a budget maximum of US $200,000 (approx AUD $252,000) and the requested funding support should be commensurate with the stage of development and work proposed.
Investigators may request support for a one-to-two year research plan and should include a timeline with the pre-proposal.
MJFF policy is that no more than 25% (non-profit institutions) or 10% (for-profit organisations) of the direct costs may go to indirect costs.
Applications may be submitted by:
- U.S. and non-U.S. biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies, or other publicly or privately held for-profit entities;
- U.S. and non-U.S. public and private non-profit entities, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments, and eligible agencies of the federal government.
Post-doctoral fellows are NOT eligible to apply as principal investigators to this program.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- A Pre-Proposal and RFR is due for internal review 20 September 2017
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster.
When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG122461
- See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review