Industrial Innovation Research Fellowships are to support the delivery of the Industrial Strategy by supporting early career researchers in exploring interdisciplinary solutions as well as addressing focused sectoral needs, both in the short term and long term, to the economic benefit of the UK.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate alignment within their proposal to one or more of the challenge areas as outlined in the Industrial Strategy. These are:
- Clean energy
- Robotics and AI
- Satellites and space
- Leading edge healthcare and medicine
- Manufacturing and materials
- Biotechnology and synthetic biology
- Transformative digital technologies (including big data and analytics)
- Quantum technologies
- Technologies for the creative industries
- Building a resilient economy
Funding & Duration
NERC invites proposals for fellowship awards of up to 3.5 years in duration. There are no funding limits for Industrial Innovation Fellowship proposals.
Fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality, including those currently based at non-UK research organisations, although all Fellowship proposals must be submitted through and held at an eligible UK Research Organisation.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 September 2017
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.