RCUK (UKRI) 2017 Industrial Mobility Fellowships support the delivery of the industrial strategy by supporting early career researchers to explore interdisciplinary solutions as well as addressing focused sectoral needs to the economic benefit of the UK, both in the short term and long term. This scheme will ensure that the UK industrial sector has a supply of skilled researchers and will nurture future leaders in both industry and the research base.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate alignment within their proposal to one or more of the challenge areas as outlined in the Industrial Strategy. These are:
- Clean energy
- Robotics and AI
- Satellites and space
- Leading edge healthcare and medicine
- Manufacturing and materials
- Biotechnology and synthetic biology
- Transformative digital technologies (including big data and analytics)
- Quantum technologies
- Technologies for the creative industries
- Building a resilient economy
Funding & Duration
NERC invites proposals for mobility fellowship awards of between 6 and 12 months in duration. There are no funding limits for Industrial Mobility Fellowship proposals, but the fellowship applicant must be the only named researcher on the proposal.
NERC Fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality, including those currently based at non-UK research organisations, although all Fellowship proposals must be submitted through and held at an eligible UK Research Organisation.
Industrial Mobility Fellowships are available for Early Career Researchers. For the purposes of this competition an ECR is defined as a postdoctoral researcher in either academia or industry who does not currently hold a leadership position within their organisation.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 September 2017
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.