The mission of the ACLAM Foundation is to expand the body of knowledge in the fields of laboratory Animal Science and Medicine through funding research grants. The Foundation will fund studies in the following six laboratory animal research subjects:
- Refinement of animal models
- Zoonotic disease
Funding & Duration
Grants up to US $30,000 (approx. AUD $37,800) available for a maximum of one year.
The Foundation does not provide money for administrative overhead, indirect costs, major equipment, travel, or graduate student fees/tuition.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
The principal investigator must hold a doctoral-level degree. Exception: a principal investigator with BS, MS or AALAS Technologist certificate may apply for a grant in the Husbandry area.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 30 November 2017 – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 1 March 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG112001
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review