The Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) will be investing $75M of Commonwealth funds over the next ten years to support industry-led research collaborations. The funding will develop new technologies, products and services which address industry issues in Northern Australia within three areas:
- Agriculture and food – Removing barriers and improving supply and value chains for new and existing northern agricultural industries.
- Tropical health service delivery – Identifying new models and approaches, early detection, health seeking behaviour and mental health.
- Traditional Owner led business development – Identifying new models and approaches and building an industry ready skilled workforce in the fields of agriculture, food and/or health industries.
Funding & Duration
The CRCNA has the capacity to commit up to $8M in this first funding call and funding can only be committed for three years (applicants can re-apply in later rounds).
Project participants must at least match the amount of grant funding sought through cash and/or in-kind contributions.
Funding can be used to support the costs of:
- student placements
- capital items, such as equipment.
- Project must have at least one partner representing industry (or the end user where appropriate).
- All project partners must become a member of the CRCNA.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Expressions of interest must submitted by 31 October 2017, 5.00pm AEST
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org