The Strong and Resilient Communities Activity (SARC) is an element of the Families and Communities Program. SARC aims to build strong, resilient, cohesive and harmonious communities to ensure that individuals, families and communities have the opportunity to thrive, be free from intolerance and discrimination, and have the capacity to respond to emerging needs and challenges
National Research grants will help to build the Government’s understanding of existing and emerging issues and increase the evidence base to inform Commonwealth Government policies and programs. Funding will be available for one-off time-limited research and advice projects that impact on community resilience and social cohesion in Australia and reflect current Government priorities, address emerging issues and/or providing innovative solutions to issues of national significance.
Funding & Duration
For National Research grants, funding of a minimum of $20,000 up to a maximum of $150,000 a year will be available depending on the scope of the research project and its complexity.
The funding will be available from 1 April 2018 to 30 June 2021.
Research projects funded under National Research grants will be for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three and a quarter years. A research project may commence at any point within this time-frame but must cease on or before 30 June 2021.
Eligible applicants must be one of the following:
- a company incorporated in Australia
- a trustee on behalf of a trust
- an incorporated association
- a partnership or consortium with a lead organisation
- a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications for this scheme are by invitation only. If you have received an invitation to apply from the sponsor, please contact Research Services
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 19 October 2017
- Visit the website for this scheme – Grant Opportunity Code GO552