This opportunity uses the R01 Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
The objective of this FOA is to encourage research projects addressing current gaps in our knowledge of serious Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs), particularly those that are idiosyncratic. These gaps exist along the translational spectrum.
Potential areas of study include, but are not limited to, basic research into the immunologic, cellular, molecular, and toxicological mechanisms underlying serious ADRs, the identification of biomarkers and other population aspects of genetic susceptibility/pharmacogenomics and epidemiology of serious ADRs, and the development of therapies and interventions to treat and prevent serious ADRs.
- Serious Adverse Drug Reaction Research (R21 – Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant)
Funding & Duration
No limit is set on the costs requested by R01 applicants. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary.
Applicants may request up to 4 years of support.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 2 January 2018 – Letter of Intent (LOI) via Grants.Gov submission portal (cc Research Services)
- 18 January 2018 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- For Full Applications:
- please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster.
- when prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 901331
See also Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: General Enquries
- Contact a Grants Officer