The Awards are intended to help investigators pursue innovative and novel research in oral care, above and beyond the bounds of traditional dental research.
Three competitive awards will be provided to recipients to advance oral care programs directed toward the development of innovative and novel compounds, biomaterials or devices that can be used ultimately at the public health level. Examples of areas of interest could include, but not be limited to:
- inhibition or removal of biofilms etc. adhering to natural or artificial surfaces
- modification of those surfaces to inhibit biofilms and other deposits, stains and odors
- adhesives for removable prosthetic devices
- inhibition of tooth surface loss and gingival recession, and amelioration of their effects
- counteracting the oral effects of dry mouth, systemic illness, hormonal disturbances or physiological aging.
Up to US $50,000 (approx. AUD $65,500).
- The principal investigator listed in the application must be a current member of, or at the time of submission have made a bona fide application to the International Association for Dental Research (IADR).
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 4 December 2017
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review