Date: 21 & 22 November 2017
Time: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Venue: Australian National Maritime Museum, 2 Murray St, Sydney NSW
About this Event
The conference will bring together local and international experts to explore four key themes focused around how private and social investments in medical research, together with different strategies and bold actions, can lead to the advancement of innovations. The program will also examine how we can increase Australia’s capability and capacity to deliver results all whilst growing the local economy.
- Provide an overview of the current medical research funding system;
- Explore opportunities and strategies to help build and grow the biomedical innovation sector in Australia;
- Showcase examples of innovators who have successfully commercialised their research;
- Foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement by showcasing leading examples of collaborations and partnerships;
- Set out approaches on how to ‘think outside the box’ and lead change via bold actions; and
- Build a strategy for the future that will not only help advance the biomedical innovation sector, but also help stimulate the local economy.