Submit your University of Adelaide Expression of Interest (EOI) by 6 December 2017
The Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment & Facilities (LIEF) scheme enables higher education researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives so that expensive infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry.
The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
Under the scheme, applicants may seek funding for:
- infrastructure, equipment and facility purchases, construction and installation
- salaries directly associated with creating and installing infrastructure, equipment or facilities
- consortium membership costs, in the case of Australia’s participation in the use of significant international-scale or national research facilities
- specialised computing/data facilities and software
- compilations, catalogues, clearing houses or bibliographies.
Funding & Duration
- The minimum grant under LIEF is $150,000.
- Funding is normally for one year only and is not recurrent, except where international agreements and national facilities are involved.
- The ARC requires that at least 25% of the direct cash cost of the infrastructure must be contributed by the collaborating organisations. The University of Adelaide has specific expectations on the level of cash support to be included in LIEF proposals and Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are required for this scheme in order to ascertain levels of University support.
Submission Requirements & University Deadlines
|STAGE 1 – LIEF bids led by University of Adelaide or other organisations|
|Expressions of Interest
Researcher submits EOI to Research Services as attachment to Notification of Intent (NOI) eForm – submitted through ResearchMaster
6 December 2017
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
|Internal University Approvals Process completed – applicants advised on support for LE19 bids||No later than: Friday
2 February 2018
|STAGE 2 – LIEF Full Application Submission|
|Requests not to assess due at Research Services (for submitting to ARC). Send to email@example.com||Wednesday
7 March 2018
|LIEF Scheme Proposals Open (ARC RMS system)||Monday
22 March 2018
|Complete and final LIEF applications University Internal Deadline
||Due to Research Services:
13 March 2018
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org