The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is pleased to announce that applications are open for the Future Research Leaders Program, an initiative of JDRF, and principally supported by the Macquarie Group Foundation.
This is a globally unique 12 month Program that is specially tailored to develop leadership potential and improve “first own” funding success for emerging research leaders in the field of type 1 diabetes. JDRF has engaged experts in the design and delivery of this Program, and expect that by the end of this Program participants will have the tools needed to broaden the reach, relevance and impact of their research.
This program is comprised of at least three components:
- Leadership development course convened by JDRF and facilitated by Marlow Hampshire – two sessions of two full days each, delivered at least three months apart.
- JDRF structured senior mentoring from external research leaders to support you in the development of an innovative grant application.
- Network development with key stakeholders such as patient groups, regulators, government, industry and media.
JDRF Australia are seeking applications from emerging research leaders in type 1 diabetes, who are Early-Mid Career Researchers (within 10 years of PhD or equivalent), up to and including Associate Professor level. Applications are welcome from candidates in diverse research disciplines, such as basic laboratory and clinical research, clinician researchers, epidemiology and public health, and allied health.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- An Application Form (DOC) along with a letter of support from your supervisor or Head of School must be submitted for internal review by 2 January 2018
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000421
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- View the Request for Application (RFA) Guidelines (doc)