The International Nut & Dried Fruit Council Foundation (INC) promotes clinical, epidemiological, basic and/or strategic research that may contribute to enhance the understanding of the health effects of nuts and dried fruits.
The research priorities are as follows:
- Nuts or dried fruits and cognitive function;
- Nuts or dried fruits and body weight and adipose tissue distribution;
- Combination of nuts or dried fruits and blood pressure, clotting factors and inflammatory markers;
- Combination of nuts or dried fruits and glycemic load and/or diabetes;
- Nuts or dried fruits in exercise performance;
- Nuts or dried fruits and intestinal microbiota;
- Nuts or dried fruits and metabolomics;
- Nuts or dried fruits as part of a healthy diet;
- Intervention trials on relevant clinical end points;
- Meta-analysis of clinical trials.
Funding & Duration
Up to EUR 300,000 (approx. AUD $460,800). This call is for both co-funded and non co-funded projects.
INC will only accept one project per researcher and institution. Pre-approval of submission is required from all participating institutions.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 24 January 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review