The Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) scheme is a separate element of the Discovery Program. The DECRA scheme will provide more focused support for researchers and create more opportunities for early-career researchers in both teaching and research, and research-only positions.
The objectives of the DECRA scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research by early career researchers
- advance promising early career researchers and promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways
- enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability
- enhance the scale and focus of research in the Science and Research Priorities
Funding & Duration
$100,858 (2017$) per year salary contribution (including 30% on-costs), plus up to $40,000 per year Project costs for three years. Please note: Salary and/or Project costs will not be awarded separately.
A DECRA Candidate must at the closing time of submission of Proposals:
- have been conferred a PhD on or after 1 March 2013; or
- have a PhD conferral date together with allowable periods of career interruption that would be commensurate with being awarded a PhD on or after 1 March 2013.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 February 2018
- Internal application process for ARC Grants
- Visit the Research Services website for this scheme
- Visit the ARC website for this scheme
- View the Funding Rules (PDF)
- General enquiries: email@example.com