JDRF invites funding applications for travel to research institutions or scientific meetings, for the purpose of furthering the researcher’s expertise in the study of type 1 diabetes. There are two categories of application as follows:
Early-Stage Researcher Travel Grants
This program is designed to support medical or science graduates in the early stages of their research career (e.g. current PhD students, or not more than five years post-doctoral as of the current Travel Grant round deadline). The applicant must be committed to the mission of JDRF to prevent, treat and cure type 1 diabetes and its complications, and demonstrate relevance to one of JDRF’s therapeutic areas: Beta Cell Therapies, Immune Therapies, Complications Therapies or Glucose Control.
Allied Health/Nursing Travel Grants
This program is designed to support allied-health or nursing professionals, or allied-health or nursing students enrolled in a post graduate program, whose work/research will impact on the lives of people with type 1 diabetes and their carers and families. The applicant must be committed to the mission of JDRF to prevent, treat and cure type 1 diabetes and its complications, and demonstrate relevance to one of JDRF’s therapeutic areas: Beta Cell Therapies, Immune Therapies, Complications Therapies or Glucose Control.
The term ‘allied-health’ refers to health professionals usually considered part of the diabetes management team – i.e. diabetes educators, dietitians, psychologists, social workers, and podiatrists. In addition other allied-health professionals who are considered relevant to the management of type 1 diabetes, such as exercise physiologists, occupational therapists and pharmacists, will also be considered.
Up to $2,000 for domestic travel or up to $4,000 for international travel.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent/temporary residents currently residing in Australia.
- Applicants should be engaged with Australian Diabetes research for more than 12 months, however if this does not apply, contact Dr Julia Warning (02 9020 6105) to discuss possible eligibility.
- Previous winners of this award are eligible to reapply although preference will be given to those who have not received a JDRF Travel Grant within the 12 months prior to the current round’s application deadline.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 February 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review