The STEM PhD Program, a joint venture of the Group of Eight Universities (Go8) and Westpac was established in recognition of the importance of the STEM fields to the future of Australia and aims to deliver both greater research outcomes and professional development for researchers who can make an enhanced contribution to the economy.
The program offers PhD students with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) fields part-time employment with the Westpac Group whilst they complete their PhD. Based in Sydney, participants work three days a week, gaining valuable business and commercial experience in a supportive environment with a structured development program tailored specifically for STEM students.
To be considered for a position on the program, the following criteria must be met:
- Confirmed candidature in 2018 for a PhD in a STEM discipline
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Available to work in Sydney for three days per week in a part-time employment position
- Written confirmation from your University that you can work at Westpac Group, concurrent with your PhD candidature.
Submission Requirements & Deadline
- Applications open: 1 February 2018
- Applications close: 22 February 2018
- Candidates can apply online via the Westpac Group Careers website. They will need to provide:
- Abstract from their Honours Thesis, Masters Thesis or equivalent;
- Short Summary (200 words or less) of their proposed PhD research; and
- Written approval from their PhD Supervisor to participate in the program and work at Westpac for three days per week, concurrent with PhD candidature.
Candidates can express their interest or find out more by emailing: